<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/24313810?origin\x3dhttp://origamidreams1.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Japan is Superior

So I've been in Japan for a little over a week now, and I finally have some time to update this. I've been so busy it's ridiculous. So, let's start at the beginning shall we? (this is gonna be long)

The flight to Japan wasn't that bad surprisingly I didn't get up a single time though, so I got deep vein thrombosis, which is awesome because it gives me an excuse to use the word thrombosis. It took me quite a while to get through customs and everything so by the time I got to the meeting place everyone was already gone. So there I was, standing there dumbfounded for over an hour while trying to do various tasks that would be very simple if I was in the US, but since I'm in Japan, everything is ten times harder. Trying to send my luggage to my host familys house was the worst, I had no idea which agency to use and I had no idea how to say send this to (address) in Japanese. But nevertheless, I made it to Makuhari on the bus. Once there, I proceeded to wander around for a solid half hour trying to find the hotel(which is 5 minutes from the station btw). Went to bed super early.

The next day almost all the IES kids went to the famous Y's bar in Makuhari. Y's is god, pure and simple. All you can eat and all you can drink for $25. I started by pouring myself a triple shot of Suntory Whiskey, yes, "for relaxing times, make it Suntory time", I know I sure did. I thought it was the most fitting thing I could possibly drink. Plus they have this awesome beer pouring machine that gives perfect head everytime, I was amazed. I blacked out prior to leaving but thankfully there are tons of pictures.

The next few days are a blur of orientations that were about as fun as being kicked in the shins repetedly. The orientations sucked, but the nights were always awesome. We went to Ginza for okonomiyaki, which was delicious and way fun. After we went to the 300yen bar which was cool too. Straight yeager all night woo woo :D We went to karaoke too which was a blast and ended the night with Mr. Roboto which was also quite fitting.

So far I've been to Ueno, Akihabara, Shibuya, Aoyama, Shinjuku, and Harajuku. And they're all awesome, I like Shibuya a lot. And Ueno park and Aoyama had increadibly beautiful sakura.

Last night was perhaps the most ridiculous of all, but I think I should save the story for another time I think.

Host obaa-chan is ok, I only see her at meals which is fine with me, cuz I like my freedom.

I've taken tons of pictures I'll be uploading them soon hopefully so you'll just have to wait. I should have steady internet soon, so I'll be able to update whenever I want.




what a beautiful dream that could flash on the screen and be gone in a blink of an eye and be gone from me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home