Crap I like, Crap I don't like
I've been here long enough to see faults as well as things that are amazing. And the things that are amazing far outnumber the faults (not really faults, maybe just things that I don't like). I'll start with the things that are amazing.
I love the train/metro system here, it's impossibly convenient. You can go basically anywhere on a train. At first it was totally intimidating and confusing, but after a few times it gets really easy. The closest thing I've come to getting lost in the train system is falling asleep on the Keiyo line (my main train line) at 6am after spending the whole night clubbing in Roppongi and waking up in Soga (about 30 minutes past my stop), but there's still time I suppose.
I know everyone has already heard it before, but vending machines really are EVERYWHERE, anytime you're thirsty, 99% of the time there's a vending machine within 3 minutes of your current position.
Conbinis(convenience stores) are incredible. Aside from the fact that you can buy delicious and cheap food and drink here 24 hours a day 7 days a week. And, it's food that you'd never see in a convenience store in the US either, like yakisoba, sushi, curry, tankatsu, as well as an amazing selection of sandwiches(with the crust pre-removed). And, let us not forget alcohol, beer, chu-hai, sake, liquor, you can get it all, and soo cheap. (great to stock up on before going to karaoke)
Which brings me to my next point, drinking in public. It's awesome. That is all.
Everyone is so polite, sometimes to the point of being annoying, but it's strangely endearing. Any store you enter, no matter the time or store, you're going to hear at least one employee say "irrashaimase"(welcome) as you enter. And then when you make a purchase they'll thank you profusely and bow as you leave. Plus they offer crazy convenient services you'll never see in the US. For example, I bought a pair of jeans the other day, and they hemmed them for me in for free in only 10 minutes. They are now officially my favorite pair of jeans.
Now stuff I don't like:
For the love of god, CENTRAL HEAT PEOPLE!!! I'm freezing my ass off in my room from when the sun goes down until midday the next day.
I hate other foreigners, they're the sketchiest thing about Japan by far. Because of this, I really dislike Roppongi, as it is the main hangout for foreigners in Tokyo.
I'm sure there'll be lots more to add in the future but that's it for now.
I love the train/metro system here, it's impossibly convenient. You can go basically anywhere on a train. At first it was totally intimidating and confusing, but after a few times it gets really easy. The closest thing I've come to getting lost in the train system is falling asleep on the Keiyo line (my main train line) at 6am after spending the whole night clubbing in Roppongi and waking up in Soga (about 30 minutes past my stop), but there's still time I suppose.
I know everyone has already heard it before, but vending machines really are EVERYWHERE, anytime you're thirsty, 99% of the time there's a vending machine within 3 minutes of your current position.
Conbinis(convenience stores) are incredible. Aside from the fact that you can buy delicious and cheap food and drink here 24 hours a day 7 days a week. And, it's food that you'd never see in a convenience store in the US either, like yakisoba, sushi, curry, tankatsu, as well as an amazing selection of sandwiches(with the crust pre-removed). And, let us not forget alcohol, beer, chu-hai, sake, liquor, you can get it all, and soo cheap. (great to stock up on before going to karaoke)
Which brings me to my next point, drinking in public. It's awesome. That is all.
Everyone is so polite, sometimes to the point of being annoying, but it's strangely endearing. Any store you enter, no matter the time or store, you're going to hear at least one employee say "irrashaimase"(welcome) as you enter. And then when you make a purchase they'll thank you profusely and bow as you leave. Plus they offer crazy convenient services you'll never see in the US. For example, I bought a pair of jeans the other day, and they hemmed them for me in for free in only 10 minutes. They are now officially my favorite pair of jeans.
Now stuff I don't like:
For the love of god, CENTRAL HEAT PEOPLE!!! I'm freezing my ass off in my room from when the sun goes down until midday the next day.
I hate other foreigners, they're the sketchiest thing about Japan by far. Because of this, I really dislike Roppongi, as it is the main hangout for foreigners in Tokyo.
I'm sure there'll be lots more to add in the future but that's it for now.


1 Comments:
You're already falling asleep on the subway! Good job mingling in!
Post a Comment
<< Home