Clubbing in Tokyo take 2
Last night we went clubbing again. However, this time, it was actually super fun. There are several factors that I think attributed to it's success.
1. The club was in Shibuya which is an incalculable improvement over Roppongi(aka sketchy gaijin city). It was actually mostly Japanese, can you believe it???
2. They actually played good music, had a good sound system, and an incredible light system.
3. It was huge, 3 friggin floors plus a lounge with a separate DJ.
4. Our group was a lot smaller (Me, Thally, Chris, Molly, Matt, Dane, Kirin, and Joe).
It was sort of a last minute idea. I got the email about it around 7pm and we were supposed to meet in Shibuya at 11pm. The weekend had been sort of a bust and I have yet to have a lame weekend yet in Japan, so I'm pretty keen on keeping that streak going so I decided to go even though I have a ton of work due on Monday.
We wandered around for a while, hit up the conbini for a little pregaming(and delicious jelly energy drink thingies) and to photocopy the flyer so we could save 500yen(it was pretty expensive 3000yen w/flyer) so we didn't get into the club (Womb) until after midnight. It was a bit strange for me I have to admit, I'd never been to a club where the DJ and the music is the main focus. By that I mean it was like the DJ was performing. I'm used to a semi-invisible DJ playing hip hop, dance, or pop. But in any case, it was a different experience and it was really fun.
We met a lot of cool people throughout the night too. There was a guy who was friends with one of the girls was getting paid to dance up front next to the DJ(scantily clad and crazy hot Japanese girls). He was a b-boy too so he was busting out all kinds of crazy moves. Dane and Joe hooked up with random Japanese girls as they seem to do wherever they go. I danced with Molly for most of the night. Chris and Thally seemed to be on the dancefloor the whole night, that is until they passed out on the stairs around 4:30. I'm not sure where Matt was, I didn't see much of him but he said he had a great time, and I believe it. We left around 5:30 to catch the first train, and I was exhausted. Overall, it was real real fun.
Shibuya > Roppongi
1. The club was in Shibuya which is an incalculable improvement over Roppongi(aka sketchy gaijin city). It was actually mostly Japanese, can you believe it???
2. They actually played good music, had a good sound system, and an incredible light system.
3. It was huge, 3 friggin floors plus a lounge with a separate DJ.
4. Our group was a lot smaller (Me, Thally, Chris, Molly, Matt, Dane, Kirin, and Joe).
It was sort of a last minute idea. I got the email about it around 7pm and we were supposed to meet in Shibuya at 11pm. The weekend had been sort of a bust and I have yet to have a lame weekend yet in Japan, so I'm pretty keen on keeping that streak going so I decided to go even though I have a ton of work due on Monday.
We wandered around for a while, hit up the conbini for a little pregaming(and delicious jelly energy drink thingies) and to photocopy the flyer so we could save 500yen(it was pretty expensive 3000yen w/flyer) so we didn't get into the club (Womb) until after midnight. It was a bit strange for me I have to admit, I'd never been to a club where the DJ and the music is the main focus. By that I mean it was like the DJ was performing. I'm used to a semi-invisible DJ playing hip hop, dance, or pop. But in any case, it was a different experience and it was really fun.
We met a lot of cool people throughout the night too. There was a guy who was friends with one of the girls was getting paid to dance up front next to the DJ(scantily clad and crazy hot Japanese girls). He was a b-boy too so he was busting out all kinds of crazy moves. Dane and Joe hooked up with random Japanese girls as they seem to do wherever they go. I danced with Molly for most of the night. Chris and Thally seemed to be on the dancefloor the whole night, that is until they passed out on the stairs around 4:30. I'm not sure where Matt was, I didn't see much of him but he said he had a great time, and I believe it. We left around 5:30 to catch the first train, and I was exhausted. Overall, it was real real fun.
Shibuya > Roppongi


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home