<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/24313810?origin\x3dhttp://origamidreams1.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Golden week goodness

Golden week has been pretty good even though I wasn't able to do any major trips. Didn't go to Disney though, like I said in the last post.

We went back to Womb last thursday(i think), because it was super cheap, but as we found out, it was super cheap for a reason. We now know to never go clubbing in Tokyo during the week, there's NO ONE there. Apperantly, thirsty thursday exists only in the US. The music was drum and bass, which is fun to dance to for about 20 minutes. Nevertheless, I danced my ass off again, and goddammit I looked good haha. I must've sweated 10 gallons. gross ne? But after we had our fill of that place we left and tried to find another place to hang out for the rest of the night, but were unsuccessful. We wound up eating/sleeping in McDonalds(Makku) for the rest of the night, and the awesome thing is, we weren't the only ones doing this. Apperantly it's quite common, as the place was packed with sleeping Japanese and a couple gaijin besides ourselves.

I took it easy for the next couple days. Monday, me, Stephen, Allen, and Tessa went to Sensoji Temple in Asakusa, which is the oldest temple in Tokyo. I like temples a lot for some reason. Then we met up with Marisa and her exboyriend who's visiting for the week. (on a hilarious sidenote, when he got here he proposed to her and she said no, LOL) Then we all went to Ginza and hit up the Hub for happy hour and then the 300yen bar(the good one this time). It was a lot of fun.

Yesterday, Tessa and I planned a picnic in Yoyogi that went off with very few hitches. It was pretty last minute, but a lot of people showed up throughout the day. The weather was gorgeous. Got my inner hippie on, played hacky sack, frisbee, and in some strange series of events, tried my hand at tightrope walking. And if you'd like to know, it didn't go well. I've got bruises to prove it. Regardless, it was a fantastic day, I even got a little sunburn :D

Tomorrow I'm getting up early and we're going to kujukuri-hama beach on the eastern coast to camp out for the night. Supposedly from one spot you can see the curviture of the earth, so how bout that?? It's going to be ghetto camping with no tents, but hey it's only one night, and it'll probably be awesome.

Saturday is Yuji's birthday so we're having a huge party for him at a nomihoudai called Suikoden in Tsudanuma.

Sunday I'm probably going to be doing homework all day :( :( :(




i'll dream you up on a vast dark coast
believe i see you walking toward me arms outstretched like a ghost

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home